Saturday 4 September 2010

BREATHE.


I have reason to believe, that I have victories to taste,
I can feel them on my teeth, upon my lips and in my chest,
I can roll them on my tongue, they are more supple than defeat
I feel the tension in my lungs and every move is filled with my resolve to…


ETHER!

Yesterday I received an email which began: ‘j'ai le plaisir de vous annoncer que le lycée pourra vous loger tous les deux dans un appartement de trois pièces’

AN APARTMENT. IN GAP. FOR NEXT TO NOTHING.

I feel like I have landed on my feet without having set off yet: not just a great job in a cool place but the all important accomodation fix too! The relief cannot be described: There are a thousand horror stories I have written in my head in which I fail to find anywhere to live and end up paying 1,0000000 euros a month to stay in a ski hut, or end up staying the year in some terrible fucking bedsit.

Breathe. Maybe I can do this after all.

ALP. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment